Quick & easy beef fried rice
- 2 lbs stir fry beef (or any cut that you love chopped into strips or cubes)
- 2 cups of cooked rice of choice (I used sushi rice)
- 16 oz bag of frozen peas & carrots (make sure to unthaw prior to use)
- 1 med/large onion of choice (I used red onion)
- 2 med/large eggs
- Soy sauce (I used liquid aminos)
- Pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes (optional)
Quick and easy one pan recipe:
If cooking your own rice make sure to start there so it is ready to add to the pan at the end of this recipe (you may want to do this ahead of time to make sure its ready to go). Start by heating 1 tbsp of ghee over med/high heat in a large pan or preferably a wok. Add diced onion and cook until soft. While onion is cooking season your beef with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and soy sauce to taste (make sure not to over season with the soy sauce as you can always add more later...starting with a 2-3 tablespoons is a good place to start). Add seasoned beef to your pan and stir until cooked. Push all meat and onions to the side of the pan and add the eggs stirring until cooked. Mix cooked eggs in with meat and onions then add carrots & peas along with the rice. Saute with consistent stirring until combined for about 3-5 minutes to let flavors mix. At this point you can taste to add more soy sauce and/or red pepper flakes if you like some spice.
This recipe will make roughly 4-6 portions and takes about 30-45 minutes from start to finish. This dish can be done in so many different ways...omit the rice for a low carb option and replace with cauliflower rice.
The healthy oil respecter