Steak fajita bowl w/ quick homemade guac
Updated: Apr 19, 2022
- About 2 lbs of stirfry beef or your favorite meat cut into strips
- Carnitas seasoning packet by Siete or your favorite taco seasoning
- One medium/large onion
- 4-6 bell peppers (red, orange and/or yellow)
- Beef tallow (or your healthy oil of choice)
- 2 cups uncooked rice of your choice (I used sushi rice)
- 2 avocados
- Salsa of your choice (I used Mateo's)
- Lime juice (I used Lakewood pure lime juice)
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder
For the rice:
Start the rice first as this takes the longest to cook.
Follow instructions for your rice of choice.
For the meat:
Heat 1 tbsp beef tallow in a pan over medium heat and add stirfry beef and 75% of seasoning packet. Cook until done mixing often to ensure seasoning coats all of the beef.
For the veggies:
Slice onion and peppers to preferred size (I like my sliced into think strips) then heat
1 tbsp beef tallow in pot over medium heat and add peppers, onions and the remainder (about 25%) of the seasoning packet. Cook until fork tender or desired texture.
For the quick homemade quac:
Gut two avocados and add to a bowl. Add about 3 tablespoons of salsa, 2 tablespoons of
lime juice, salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste. Mash up and mix well.
Construct your bowls and dig in!
This recipe will make roughly 4-6 portions and take about 30-45 minutes from start to finish. This dish can be done in so many different ways...swap out the beef for any other protein. Add cheese, hot sauce and/or raw red onion to jazz it up even more. The rice can be swapped out for cauliflower rice or omitted all together for a keto friendly version.
The possibilities are endless...
The healthy oil respecter